Master Fuad Kouichi Honda
・ Arabic Calligrapher (Holder of Ijaza<Diploma of Arabic Calligraphy> given by Turkish master calligrapher Hassan Cheleby, 2000)
・former Professor, Faculty of International Relations, Daito Bunka University in Japan(2002-2016）
・ President of Japan Arabic Calligraphy Association
- 1946 Born in Tokyo
- 1969 Graduated from Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Arabic Dept.
- 1974 Joined Pacific Aerial Survey Co., Ltd. Japan.Dispatched by the said company to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Libya, Lebanon and other Arabic countries as an interpreter / coordinator for the geographical field work.
- 1988 Participated in Baghdad International Festival for Arabic Calligraphy and Islamic Ornaments held in Baghdad, Iraq.
- 1990 Awarded an encouragement prize of the jury in the 2nd
International Arabic Calligraphy Contest in Turkey.
- 1991 Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphic works in Tokyo, Japan under the title of " Splendor of Arabic Calligraphy.
- 1992 Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphic works in Doha, Qatar under the title of " New Horizon of Arabic Calligraphy" under the auspices of Ministry of Information, Qatar.
- 1993 ◯ Awarded an incentive prize in the 3rd International Arabic Calligraphy Contest in Turkey. ◯ Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphic works at Opera House in Cairo, Egypt under the auspices of Egyptian Ministry of Culture.
- 1994 Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphic works in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan.
- 1997 Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphic works in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia under the auspices of Rashid Hussain Berhad.
- 1998 Participated in the 3rd International Arabic CalligraphyExhibition in Kuwait under the auspices of Kuwait Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs.
- 2000 Granted "Ijaza" (Diploma of Arabic calligraphy) by Turkish Master Calligrapher Hassan Cheleby.
2001◯ Participated as an artist representing the Asian continent in Global Art Exhibition held in Muscat , Oman under the auspices of Oman Royal
Participated in Holy Quran Exhibition held in Teheran, Iran.
- 2002 FEB of his works were selected as winning works in Iranian International Islamic Calligraphy Contest held in Teheran.
- 2003 Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphic works in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia under the auspices of King Faisal Centre for Researches and Islamic Studies.
- 2004 Participated in Arabian Night Exhibition held by Museum of Ethnology in Osaka, Japan.
- 2005 Participated in Ijaza Exhibition held by British Museum in London.
- 2006 MAR Participated in Dubai Intirrational Exhibition of the Art of Arabic Calligraphy
- 2006 MAY Participated in "Word into Art" Exhibition held in British Museum in London. British Museum acquired three pieces of his works as its permanent collections.◯ NOV Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphy under the title of "Exhibition of Fuad Honda and his disciples' Arabic Calligraphic Works" under the auspices of Arabic Islamic Institute in Tokyo.
2007 Held an Exhibition of Arabic Calligraphic works in Istanbul, Turkey under the auspices of IRCICA.
2008 JAN Asian Civilizations Museum in Singapore acquired three pieces of his works as its permanent collections.◯ MAR Participated in Book Fair held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia by exhibiting some of his calligraphic works and delivering lectures on Arabic calligraphy in Arabic.◯ NOV Participated in International conference under the title of "New horizon in Islamic studies" in Malaysia and deliver lectures on Arabic calligraphy.
2009 Participated in Arabic calligraphy exhibition held in Malaysia under the auspices of Restu Foundation.
- 2011 MAR Participated in Aslar Sadsi Festival in Bukhara, Uzbekistan by exhibiting some of his works.
- 2013 DEC Invited at “NUN WA ALQALAM” Exhibition in KualaLumpur, Malaysia under the auspices of Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
2012 DEC Participated in the exhibition of “Kuwait’s 6th International
Islamic Convention” under the auspices of Kuwait Islamic Arts Center.
2014 FEB Participated in “Letters and Illumination” Exhibition held in
Medina, Saudi Arabia
- 2016 OCT Held as an instructor a intensive course of Arabic calligraphy in The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts in London.
- 2018 APR Participated in "Beyond the Letters" Exhibition held in The Sharja Museum of Islamic Civilization in UAE
- 2022 MAY Invited to Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre, UAE and made speech on his works and Arabic calligraphy
＊ Books on his Arabic calligraphy works：
・"An Exhibition of Islamic Calligraphy by Kouichi Honda" (Bashir Mohamed Ltd., Malaysia, 1994)
・"Islamic Calligraphy" (Rashid Hussain Berhad, Malaysia, 1996)
・"The Cosmos of Arabic Calligraphy"－Ｔhe Works of Fuad Kouichi Honda － (Hakusuisha, Japan,2006)(out of print)
＊ Textbooks for Arabic calligraphy：
・ "A Textbook for Naskh Scripts" (in Japanese, Japan Arabic Calligraphy Association,2008)
・ "A Textbook for Ruq'a Scripts" (in Japanese, Japan Arabic Calligraphy Association, 2009)
・”A Textbook for Deewaani Script (in Japanese, Japan Arabic Calligaphy Association, 2013)
・"A Textbook for Thulth Script (in Japanese, Japan Arabic Calligraphy Association, 2014)
・"A Textbook for Jaly Deewaani Script (in Japanese, Japan Arabic Calligraphy Association, 2015)
・”A Textbook for Nastaaliq (Farisi）Script（in Japanese , Japan Arabic Calligraphy Association, 2017)
＊ Translation in the field of Arabic calligraphy:
・ Japanese translation of " Fann al-Khatt"(The Art of Arabic calligraphy) published by IRCICA (Heibonsha, 1996)